Cary Miller has 30 years of experience in civil litigation. He has tried many cases to juries and to the bench. He has taken hundreds of depositions of fact and expert witnesses and handled all phases of a civil lawsuit, including pleadings, motion practice, and alternative dispute resolution. He has authored dozens of insurance coverage opinions for clients.
Cary’s areas of practice include insurance recovery, civil litigation, insurance coverage, insurance defense, product liability, antitrust, personal injury and wrongful death, air crash liability, education torts, premises liability, trucking liability, and acting as a legal adviser to a non-profit organization.
- Persuaded an insurance company to issue a defense to the clients in a lawsuit arising out of the sale of their home. At issue was the applicability of the clients’ homeowner’s policy to the transaction.
- Achieved the dismissal of a premises liability case against the client, a major airline, arising out of an incident that allegedly occurred mid-flight.
- Negotiated a five-figure settlement of claims alleging commercial real estate waste against a client wherein the plaintiffs’ liquidated damages approached $1 million.
- Analyzed numerous layers of liability insurance coverage and fidelity bond coverage in connection with claims asserted against the officers and directors of a major federal credit union.
- Represented multiple plaintiffs in antitrust class actions in multi-district litigation.